My sister and I have been cooking up a storm the past few weeks as I’ve been visiting her. Not everything has made it to the blog… yet.
But one of our favourite treats is chips and dip. Or just dip. As we discovered – you can eat this sweet pico de gallo with a spoon and be perfectly content. It is absolutely delicious. But it also tastes great on wraps, chips, baguette, taco salad, chicken, fish…. the options are pretty much only limited by how much sweet pico you can manage to make.
We used all fresh, ripe ingredients, and are basically in love with the result.
What would you eat sweet pico on? Other than a spoon?
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 mango
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 each lemon and lime
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use pink himalayan rock salt)
- 1 small jalapeno (optional)
- Roughly chop onion and place in food processor. Add chopped cilantro. Process a few seconds (or if you have a hand one like us, about 5 pumps).
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes, mango, and the juice from the lemon and lime halves.
- Add the salt. Process until tomatoes and mango have all been chopped up small and everything is well mixed. You may have to stop part way through and help mix it a bit – our mango stuck to the lid of the food processor at first.
If you want it spicy, add the jalapeno when you do the tomatoes and mango.
We like ours just sweet (especially with 4 little girls wanting to sample it) so we left out the jalapeno. It is amazing either way!