We’re sorry about the radio silence over the past week — life got crazy over here. Rachel just started school again and life was completely insane for her, and here I am just doodling away and it never even occur to me until the end of the week that I could have picked up the slack and posted in her place…
I mean, that was the whole reason there’s two of us, after all.
Anyway, onto our post today!! Roasted Garlic Broccoli.
Guys, the day I discovered that you can roast broccoli was a beautiful day for me. I don’t mind steamed broccoli, as long as it isn’t overcooked. Overcooked steamed broccoli is one of life’s cruel jokes. But roasted broccoli is a gift sent from above. It gets all crispy and garlicky and when you pull it out of the oven you squeeze fresh lemon over the whole business and then devour it instantly.
No, no, don’t worry about plates. Just eat it!
It makes a great side dish, whether its for a easy weeknight meal or for a dinner with guests. Or just by itself. In a giant bowl. I’ve done it. Don’t judge.
I do find that I usually eyeball how much broccoli I’m going to use when I make this recipe, and it’s important to keep in mind that it’s going to diminish a bit with roasting as the moisture evaporates so it’s a good idea to do a little more than you think is enough.
Roasted Garlic Broccoli
Prep: 5 min Cook: 20-25 min
- 1-2 heads of broccoli, cut into bite size florets.
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425F. Combine all ingredients (except the lemon juice) in a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Broccoli should be well coated in oil.
- Transfer broccoli to baking sheet and put in oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Return broccoli to original bowl, add fresh lemon juice and toss to combine. Serve immediately.