Guys, I made an entire roast beef dinner tonight for the first time. The whole thing: a roast, potatoes, steamed carrots, gravy and these delicious, delicious Green Beans and Almonds.
And I nailed it!
I’m not even going to pretend to modest about it. I won’t. You can’t make me. I will shout out my success loud and proud.
I am just having the best day!
And these Green Beans and Almonds were the perfect addition to the whole meal. Fresh, lightly steamed green beans and toasted almonds tossed in an amazing, zippy lemon butter sauce that just makes the world a better place.
This was one of my favourite recipes growing up. My birthdays always featured a roast beef dinner with this amazing dish on the side. One bite of green beans tonight and I was in a childhood flashback.
Believe me, you need these green beans in your life. You’ll never regret it.
Maureen’s Green Beans and Almonds
Cook: 10 min Serves: 4
- 3-4 cups fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Steam green beans until bright green and fork tender. They should still be slightly crisp. Drain and set aside in serving bowl to cool.
- Using the same pot used to steam the beans, melt butter on low heat and add almonds. Stir gently until almonds are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add salt and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- Pour sauce over beans and toss to coat. Serve immediately and enjoy!