I don’t know about you, but I’m a fan of meals that come together quickly. Fajitas are a pretty straight forward meal, and generally well received around our house. And they’re so versatile! Everyone can add their own toppings, and then everyone’s happy. Which is always a perk, in my book.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips or bite sized pieces
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped in strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp, divided, Southwestern Spice Mix, or to taste
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and season with half of the southwestern mix. Cook, stirring regularly to ensure chicken is coated evening in the seasoning. Once cooked, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add peppers, onion and remaining spice mix to pan, and saute until onion is translucent and peppers are warmed through, stirring regularly. Do not over cook.
- Add chicken back to pan with vegetables and toss together to warm through and combine thoroughly.
- Serve with tortillas and desired toppings. Enjoy!