I was a weird kid.
On my birthdays, my mum would ask what I wanted for my birthday dinner. It was usually roast beef with all the trimmings because, hello, delicious. But it was always, always, this salad. It’s simple, but elegant, and oh so delicious. And it’s pretty to boot!
This salad was even served at my wedding, I love it so much!
Maureen’s Green and Gold Salad
- 1 quart of salad greens – either romaine, spinach or mixed greens
- 1-2 oranges, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Maureen’s Poppyseed Dressing
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Toast almonds in oven in a shallow dish for 5-10 minutes or until toasted. Keep an eye on them, as almonds can burn easily.
- Add all ingredients to salad bowl, add dressing just before serving. Toss and serve. Enjoy!
Next time you’re going to a barbeque or a pot luck, why not bring along some Green and Gold Salad? It’s the perfect Spring and Summer salad!
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18854543/?claim=ujrczjezhxf”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>